How to Fix a Lg Dishwasher Door Spring.
When a user opens the door of a dishwasher, it should move smoothly and effortlessly. The door should also close without any rattling or noises. However, this is not always the case. Sometimes the door won’t close shut properly and will make an uncomfortable noise when closing. This can be frustrating for users and may result in them shutting their dishwasher off prematurely. The fix for this problem is easy and it only takes a few minutes to complete.
What Happens when the Door Doesn’t Close Properly
The first step to fixing this problem is to identify the source of the noise. It could be that something is caught in the door, causing it to make a rattling noise. If this is the case, you’ll need to remove whatever is stuck in the door and make sure it doesn’t cause any more problems.
Another common issue occurs when one or both of the moving parts on either side of the door get out of alignment. Using a screwdriver or something similar, try adjusting these pieces so they are in proper position again.
If neither of these issues occur, then you will need to fix the gears and pulleys that hold up your dishwasher door. This mechanism can wear down over time and require replacement. The fix for this problem is fairly easy as well: all you need to do is unscrew some screws on either side of your dishwasher’s door to access them, replace them with new ones, and reassemble everything back together properly.
How to Fix a Lg Dishwasher Door Spring
To fix the problem, it will be necessary to take a few minutes and remove the front panel of your dishwasher. The front panel is located on the door itself and will be easy to find by following these steps:
1) Locate the corner of your dishwasher where you would normally open for loading dishes.
2) Find a screw that’s holding down the cover plate.
3) Remove the screw and pull up on the cover plate until it pops out from its location.
4) Look for two screws that are holding in the top edge of your door.
5) Remove those two screws and then pull up on the edge of the door until it releases from its location.
6) Pull out your old spring by pulling on either end of it (it should slide out easily).
7) Reinstall your new spring by aligning one end with one of the holes in your door frame, then press firmly into place, making sure there’s no slack on either side of this spring when re-installing it.
8) Install your cover plate, locking down any remaining screws that may have been loose or hanging loosely until they’re properly tightened in place.
9) Close up all panels and enjoy!
When the door of your dishwasher spring doesn’t close properly, it can lead to a variety of issues. Luckily, the issue is an easy fix. Follow this guide to make the spring work again.